1.9K views

I just got ripped off for over 34.00 and I can't figure out how they did it!!I was going to buy the sticky buddy but after entering all my info and credit card I changed my mind, I never hit the submit to complete the order I simply closed my browser and now 2 months later they have charged my bank account!!

How in God's name were they able to retain my info if I didn't submit my card info?! I closed the *** browser and fully believed that would be enough.

I will never ever buy online again and now I am so completely creeped out I will never fill out another form with my information!!!I am sorry that the charities I donate to are going to suffer but this is getting just way to dangerous and I am done!

Had an Experience with Telebrands?

Comments

I purchased this STICKY BUDDY ( not my buddy ) crappy thing I have dogs and it does not take hair off ANY thing from furniture to clothes I was better off using sticky tape. :? :(

Albany, New York, United States #610719

The same thing happened to me!I was going to purchase one of these and then changed my mind, never pressed submit order, never received a confirmation email and then a few days later I get an email stating they had shipped my order and that my card was charged $57!

When I called the woman told me they "captured" my card, which in my mind means they stole it, but whatever, when I asked why the bill was so much for one order, she said I ordered 6 of them!! I only added one to cart! She finally agreed to refund my card this one time ( probably because she knew it was wrong) and when I get the order to return to sender....well she never refunded me and it has been 3 weeks since I mailed the silly things back. I called again the other day and this person told me she would pass it on to upper management and they would call me, I'm not going to hold my breath :(.

I told the woman this company is a scamming business and I will never purchase again.

Plus if I had only waited a couple more days after I supposedly "placed" an order, I would have see that they sell them at the drug store for 9.99, no shipping, no one there to "capture" my card :(

Oh also, the woman told me that sometimes returns take up to 4-6 weeks to get back to them, however I told her it was funny that my "order" got to me real quick after they "captured"...

the SAME thing happened to me!!i entered all the info.

chose the roller plus 1 extra. then i decided i would see if i could find 1 locally 1st at a CVS. i didn't hit send or enter. A few days later I receive an email with my purchase.

they also added another product i didn't check. luckily, there wasn't enough on the card so it didn't go through. total scam!

i heard the product works, too.annoying.

I ordered the SB and the 1/2 price additional one -- did everything on the website.I'm a computer professional since 1984, and I take great care when reviewing online orders.

It didn't help at all! I was fraudulently enrolled in two services (same TX company) that charged $14.59 each to my card. I had to report the fraud, cancel the card, and not use my primary VISA for a week until I get the replacement. Then I have to re-enroll for any recurring charges to that old number.

Not worth the hassle, but at least I keep my $30 AND avoid monthly charges!

CHECK YOUR STATEMENTS EVERY MONTH!The scammers bank on lazy consumers!

Do not waste your time or money on this product.Yes the product does pick up most of what they claim however, it does not rinse off as easily as they claim.

In fact, it took numerous attempts to remove everything and once the unwanted objects were removed, some were permanently imbedded into the product.

Other issues for this product include massive back orders (sometimes lasting months), lack of human interaction while ordering, lack of customer service, reduced stickiness after several uses and hidden ordering fees.Nevertheless, if you don’t mind rinsing the roller under running water for several minutes while using manual stimulation or repeatedly dunking the roller in a bucket of water with some soap, then this product may just be for you.

I have waited months to receive my sticky buddy!They kept sending post cards saying they were backordered.Then my recent card THEY cancelled my order because of the back order.

So I have nothing!!!!!!!!

They are still advertising but won't send orders.Think I will contact Better Business Bureau

I just ordered the stickybuddy over the telephone maybe 3-4 weeks ago.I never spoke an actual person, but I did confirm the order.

After I just went through 30 minutes of ads over the phone in hopes that at the end it would give me a confirmation number and such but it transfered to some ad for a trip overseas.Should I have to worry?

I went thru the rigmarole of purchasing online, where every step of the process is designed to trick you into purchasing something extra; i.e.you must uncheck something that's already checked for purchase.

After making sure that all I had checked was one Sticky Buddy, the final charges were for two @ full price, when I could have gotten an extra for half price (as advertised). Then I put my phone # (big mistake) in the case someone needed to contact me; now I receive phone calls twice a day from telemarketers.

But the thing does work.All in all; I would not buy it had I had this knowledge, I'd wait as one previous commenter suggested for it to show up @ Wally World.

This company is a first-class scam artist!

I attempted to the Sticky Buddy online. After giving all my info, I hit submit and waited until the page timed out. I never got to the order confrimation page.

I called their sales office and they confirmed that my online order did not go through as I was not in the system. Since I had a live person, I ordered right then with the operator.

After nearly two months of waiting for my product - I received two Sticky Buddies and saw I was charged twice for both products. Their Customer Service (CS) department is nearly impossible to get ahold of as they put you on a recorded loop that never yields a live person unless you hit 0 about 15 times and then the system will transfer you.

The CS person said that my online order had gone through. So I asked for product return info. She then said I would be credited for the product but not the $6.99 shipping. This was outrageous as their mistake forced that second shipment!

After much hemming, she admitted that if I sent it back on my postage dime, then they would credit the full amount. Still - an insult. Regardless, I shipped it back signature guarantee on my company's UPS account.

Six weeks later, I saw a credit on my statment for the product cost ($12.48) but nothing about the shipping. Again calling their CS *** and pressing 0 multiple times, I finally got a live person who...

Clearly the company - Telebrands - hopes you won't notice that 'oversight' and they keep your shipping money.

What a painful rip off.