1.9K views

I just got ripped off for over 34.00 and I can't figure out how they did it!! I was going to buy the sticky buddy but after entering all my info and credit card I changed my mind, I never hit the submit to complete the order I simply closed my browser and now 2 months later they have charged my bank account!!

How in God's name were they able to retain my info if I didn't submit my card info?! I closed the *** browser and fully believed that would be enough.

I will never ever buy online again and now I am so completely creeped out I will never fill out another form with my information!!! I am sorry that the charities I donate to are going to suffer but this is getting just way to dangerous and I am done!

Comments

I purchased this STICKY BUDDY ( not my buddy ) crappy thing I have dogs and it does not take hair off ANY thing from furniture to clothes I was better off using sticky tape. :? :(

Albany, New York, United States #610719

The same thing happened to me! I was going to purchase one of these and then changed my mind, never pressed submit order, never received a confirmation email and then a few days later I get an email stating they had shipped my order and that my card was charged $57!

When I called the woman told me they "captured" my card, which in my mind means they stole it, but whatever, when I asked why the bill was so much for one order, she said I ordered 6 of them!! I only added one to cart! She finally agreed to refund my card this one time ( probably because she knew it was wrong) and when I get the order to return to sender....well she never refunded me and it has been 3 weeks since I mailed the silly things back. I called again the other day and this person told me she would pass it on to upper management and they would call me, I'm not going to hold my breath :(.

I told the woman this company is a scamming business and I will never purchase again.

Plus if I had only waited a couple more days after I supposedly "placed" an order, I would have see that they sell them at the drug store for 9.99, no shipping, no one there to "capture" my card :(

Oh also, the woman told me that sometimes returns take up to 4-6 weeks to get back to them, however I told her it was funny that my "order" got to me real quick after they "captured" my card, *** scammers.... :-(

the SAME thing happened to me!! i entered all the info.

chose the roller plus 1 extra. then i decided i would see if i could find 1 locally 1st at a CVS. i didn't hit send or enter. A few days later I receive an email with my purchase.

they also added another product i didn't check. luckily, there wasn't enough on the card so it didn't go through. total scam!

i heard the product works, too. annoying.

I ordered the SB and the 1/2 price additional one -- did everything on the website. I'm a computer professional since 1984, and I take great care when reviewing online orders.

It didn't help at all! I was fraudulently enrolled in two services (same TX company) that charged $14.59 each to my card. I had to report the fraud, cancel the card, and not use my primary VISA for a week until I get the replacement. Then I have to re-enroll for any recurring charges to that old number.

Not worth the hassle, but at least I keep my $30 AND avoid monthly charges!

CHECK YOUR STATEMENTS EVERY MONTH! The scammers bank on lazy consumers!

Do not waste your time or money on this product. Yes the product does pick up most of what they claim however, it does not rinse off as easily as they claim.

In fact, it took numerous attempts to remove everything and once the unwanted objects were removed, some were permanently imbedded into the product.

Other issues for this product include massive back orders (sometimes lasting months), lack of human interaction while ordering, lack of customer service, reduced stickiness after several uses and hidden ordering fees. Nevertheless, if you don’t mind rinsing the roller under running water for several minutes while using manual stimulation or repeatedly dunking the roller in a bucket of water with some soap, then this product may just be for you.

I have waited months to receive my sticky buddy!They kept sending post cards saying they were backordered. Then my recent card THEY cancelled my order because of the back order.

So I have nothing!!!!!!!!

They are still advertising but won't send orders. Think I will contact Better Business Bureau

I just ordered the stickybuddy over the telephone maybe 3-4 weeks ago. I never spoke an actual person, but I did confirm the order.

After I just went through 30 minutes of ads over the phone in hopes that at the end it would give me a confirmation number and such but it transfered to some ad for a trip overseas. Should I have to worry?

I went thru the rigmarole of purchasing online, where every step of the process is designed to trick you into purchasing something extra; i.e. you must uncheck something that's already checked for purchase.

After making sure that all I had checked was one Sticky Buddy, the final charges were for two @ full price, when I could have gotten an extra for half price (as advertised). Then I put my phone # (big mistake) in the case someone needed to contact me; now I receive phone calls twice a day from telemarketers.

But the thing does work. All in all; I would not buy it had I had this knowledge, I'd wait as one previous commenter suggested for it to show up @ Wally World.

This company is a first-class scam artist!

I attempted to the Sticky Buddy online. After giving all my info, I hit submit and waited until the page timed out. I never got to the order confrimation page.

I called their sales office and they confirmed that my online order did not go through as I was not in the system. Since I had a live person, I ordered right then with the operator.

After nearly two months of waiting for my product - I received two Sticky Buddies and saw I was charged twice for both products. Their Customer Service (CS) department is nearly impossible to get ahold of as they put you on a recorded loop that never yields a live person unless you hit 0 about 15 times and then the system will transfer you.

The CS person said that my online order had gone through. So I asked for product return info. She then said I would be credited for the product but not the $6.99 shipping. This was outrageous as their mistake forced that second shipment!

After much hemming, she admitted that if I sent it back on my postage dime, then they would credit the full amount. Still - an insult. Regardless, I shipped it back signature guarantee on my company's UPS account.

Six weeks later, I saw a credit on my statment for the product cost ($12.48) but nothing about the shipping. Again calling their CS *** and pressing 0 multiple times, I finally got a live person who quickly admitted their 'mistake' and credited me back the $6.99 shipping.

Clearly the company - Telebrands - hopes you won't notice that 'oversight' and they keep your shipping money.

What a painful rip off.

The scree went out befor I could submit or see the bill,They have charged me more than it was advertised ,,more for 10 to 14 dollars ,,What can I do>It was sated all for 10 dollars ,Very bad experience.

5 weeks later.., and the Sticky Buddy is still going strong! I use this thing everyday and it still works! I love the Sticky Buddy!

We too got a card in the mail saying they were backordered. But they came just a week or two after that.

When I finally got to try it out, it was a big disappointment. The commercial shows the sticky fingers working piles of dog hair out of a couch. We have three dogs and plenty of hair to dig out of the couch, which is specifically why I bought this. It doesn’t dig hair out of the fabric like it claims.

And it picks up some dog hair off the couch, but only like 70%, if that. It works a little, but not as advertised.

It doesn’t even work as well as a normal lint roller with adhesive tape. But I guess in the long run, if you’re ok with a subpar lint rolling, it would be more cost effective.

Wish I had read these reviews before I ordered from stickybuddy.com (It tricked me to order two, I don't know how...).

But you can cancel your order before they ship the Sticky Buddy, at the phone #:

800-777-4034,

and don't hit any number, just wait for the operator.

When I canceled my order (I ordered at March 23rd, and they just could ship it at May 16th...) they gave me an offer $5 off, then I said no, then they said, they gave me $6.99 off of the two "special offer" sticky buddy's price (about $24). I said no, well, then they try to push me to another person to gave me a special offer (TOO) about credit security... well, *** no.

So I need this stuff, but I won't order again like this, maybe from Amazon or so.

Wait a couple of weeks....they will be available at Wal-Mart, Walgreens, and even probably Target.

...Ok.., Here is the FIRST Sticky Buddy Review Online I have seen posted... Yes., it does take 6 Weeks to deliver (because they are backed up).., and yes.., it then takes another week or so to ship...

But.., they don't charge until it is shipped... FINALLY received my SB.., and WELL.., the THING WORKS AS ADVERTISED!!! Actually better than advertised lol...

There were no "Hidden Charges".., and it came with a receipt... This Company is Legit and NOT SCAMMERS!

soon you will be able to buy at Walmart they have huge selection of tv stuff

Ordered Sticky Buddy via their phone number. Well, 4 weeks later I get a post card saying they were backed up and I'd receive my order within 6 weeks.

I then just yesterday got another postcard saying it would be within a month.

What a *** scam. Don't buy from these shady folks.

Wish I had read these reviews before I ordered from stickybuddy.com.

I was very careful to order just 1 set (if it lasts a lifetime, why would I want 2?) but the last screen showed 2 orders at $10 each and 2 shipping charges of $6.99 each.

What a rip off. Thieves!!!!

COMPLETE SCAM! CALLED THE 800 # ON THEIR WEBSITE, EVERYTHING WAS AUTOMATED AND COULDNT REACH AN OPERATOR.

THEN FINALLY THE AUTOMATED SYSTEM STATED MY ORDER IS DELAYED ON SHIPPING BECAUSE OF THE HIGH DEMAND OF THE PRODUCT. WITHIN AN HOUR I RECEIVED A CALL FROM A STRONG ACCENTED MAN STATING THAT THEY DIDNT FIND MY ORDER AND APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE AND ASKED IF I WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE ADDITIONAL STICKY BUDDIES AT A DISCOUNTED RATE BECAUSE OF THE INCONVENIENCE. I WAS CONFUSED BECAUSE HE STATED THEY LOST MY ORDER AND DIDNT HAVE ANY INFORMATION OF MINE, BUT IF I WANTED TO ORDER MORE QUANTITIES. I TOLD HIM THAT IF THERE ARE ANY ORDERS UNDER MY NAME OR MY PHONE NUMBER, TO CANCEL IT ALL.

WITHIN A 3-4 WEEKS I RECEIVED MAIL STATING THAT THERE IS STILL A DELAY OF MY SHIPMENT AND IF I WANTED TO CANCEL THE ORDER, TO SIGN THE POSTCARD AND SEND IT BACK. I KNEW SOMETHING WAS ODD SO I DIDN'T SIGN IT. ABOUT A MONTH LATER, I SEE A CHARGE ON MY ACCOUNT FOR OF COURSE STICKY BUDDY IN WHICH I WAS NEVER SUPPOSED TO BE CHARGED, AND SUPPOSEDLY THEY NEVER GOT MY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION TO BEGIN WITH... I CALLED THEIR 800 # AGAIN AND LUCKILY I GOT TO AN OPERATOR AND TOLD THEM OF MY ISSUE AND HOW IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE CANCELLED ON THIS "LOST ORDER".

BEFORE CANCELLING MY ORDER, SHE OFFERED ME A $6.00 OFF IF I WAS TO KEEP MY ORDER. MY REPLY WAS " ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!?!!

JUST CANCEL MY ORDER". I CANCELLED MY CREDIT CARD AFTER THAT *** DECISION TO ORDER IT.