Telebrands - Pocket Hose - How to fix leak

1074 of 1848 Telebrands reviews

Update added by user Jul 03, 2013

The outer cover when exposed to sun will weaken causing the hose to explode. My fixes worked but the hose won't even last a season - very poor material. It came apart in the middle - it is now in the trash.

Original review posted by user Jun 02, 2013

Purchased three pocket hoses all of them have burst at the hose connection.Cost to much to ship back.

I have taken apart and applied a hose clamp - works great now with no leaks! Use an Allen tool to take apart, cut the medal band with a Dremel Tool, slide hard black plastic part back up hose until later. Slide hose clamp over hose and put inner hose on fitting them outer yellow hose tighten clamp. Then put black hard plastic up to hose clamp and wrap with duck tape.

I have photo's if others want to fix - step by step.Just email me at sheriff@sti.net

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 10 Yes 10
1074 of 1848 Telebrands reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Persistenter

Aug 04, 2013 #693467 Los Angeles, California, United States

That's good info for a break at the ends. But ours sprang a leak in the middle.

Since the hose is made in two "layers" -- a transparent plastic tube in the center, surrounded by that green sheath, it's a real P.I.T.A. to repair both layers.

In process right now, but hold little hope for a satisfactory fix, as there's no foolproof way to re-splice the transparent tubing after you snip out the section that spring a leak.

And I don't know of any way to simply plug that leak in the inner tubing.

And Frye's won't take it back. Waste of money.

0 1 Reply
SHERIFFALLEN

Aug 04, 2013 #693470 Oakhurst, California, United States

I wouldn't waste your time after the outer hose starts to come apart it will continue to break - that's what happened after I fixed both ends. Now in trash!

0 1 Reply
Bonnie

Jul 08, 2013 #676629 Stuart, Florida, United States

I had a problem with my pocket hose. The little black plastic lever near the handle end broke. I called customer service and guess what? The company sent me a brand new one. I don't think these hoses are meant to be left out in the sun.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.